Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Not Just for Clowning Around

I promised as a preface that fashion would be a favorite topic of my blogging, and I wasn't lying. Today marks yet another new experience for me... I tied my first bow tie. Now this may not sound like any kind of accomplishment, but let me assure you, it was no easy task. I'm educated in tying about three-four-ish different tie knots, however, a bow tie is a horse of a different color.
For starters, bow ties are back, they're big, bold, and breaking down barriers all over. This is great for us guys. It gives us another option of dressing up shirts, dressing down suits without coats, and mixing super fun patterns and prints for new seasons. Not to mention, bow ties are much more affordable (if you look in the right places) than neckties. Bow ties have always been a way of looking classy, dapper, and ready for the most high profile of events. Now, they're being worn out for parties, dinners, and even casual wear, I love it. Embrace the new! It's a simple and affordable way to totally change the look of your outfit for the day/night.
Wear them with polos, button downs, and if you're really adventurous, flannels and even t's with a jacket! Bow ties, overall, just say "I want to look nice, but I like to have fun," and who doesn't want to portray that message?!? Bow ties have been around since the 17 CENTURY !!! Fashionably, since the 18th/19th. That's a LONG time, obviously they're doing something right. I'm sure it doesn't look like "you" right away, and that's ok. Have a little fun, get outside your comfort zone, like I always say - "try new things."
So, as a recap - bow ties are no longer ONLY for black tie events, weddings and clowns. They're embraced and encouraged for casual meetings, parties, a night out, dinner, and daily wear. So break out of the box men, and show those ladies what you've learned! Below I'll list a great "how to" video for tying your first bow tie (took me about 20minutes, no lie).
Look good guys, hell, look great. Use that look to embrace some confidence, women love it. There's no better way to show off the new confidence and new look, than to Laugh, Learn, Love, and Live.


How To: (i know he's older, but this guy nails it in the video - it was the 4th one i watched and i finally got it after this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJv4Qh7zR3E

No comments:

Post a Comment