Friday, November 2, 2012

Introduction.

Born a dreamer. Raised in a small town, and I don't mean small like Kalamazoo MI small; I mean population of 2k. The "village" of Constantine. Corn. Farming. Football. These were the staples of our existence. Growing up, my goal was to win a state championship in HS Football. This is by all means a reasonable goal for any HS adolescent, however, I had no idea what to do AFTER that. I frequented books and dreams, wondering what else the world might have to offer. Little did I know... I set out to a college university, my first experience of something new, something different. This only fueled my curiosity more, pushing me to dig deeper into the core of what limitless opportunities may await.

While at college, I chose to pursue music industry management (or music business). This decision was made based on the facts that I loved music and had a great interest in business. I had no real idea how the two were linked or where this might lead. I began listening and learning, indulging myself not only in books, but much further into my surroundings. Taking full advantage of my location, my associated groups and clubs, and most importantly, my peers. People can teach you more than any other usable tool, in my opinion. Observing, listening, interviewing, and truly paying attention to people and their actions are all invaluable tools for learning. 

It was while at college I began to take shape. I began identifying my true callings and interests. I had always known I was fast paced, optimistic, curious, eager, and captivated by all things new to me. But I had no real direction. This is often terrifying to young people from all walks of life. So any young people out there reading this - we've ALL BEEN THERE. RELAX. I've always told myself: "dream impossible" and "don't wish for it, work for it". The basis of my success. People often make the mistake of scatter shot dreams that never work. I once read a quote that I love that really opened my eyes... "you can do anything in the world, you just can't do everything." Basically, pick a goal, no matter HOW seemingly impossible, and work hard on THAT DREAM. Stay focused. 

This lead me to pursue the drums around age 20. This lead me to playing in a band. The band lead me to become our manager, promoter, booking agent, tour manager, and drummer. This opened my eyes to the music BUSINESS. My hard work and eagerness lead me to some mild success, which lead me to Pop Evil. Pop Evil, is where I am today. Allowing me to pursue nearly every avenue of my infinite dreams on a daily basis. These dreams and focuses are what I'll be addressing here, to help introduce you to new and interesting ventures. Beers, wines, foods, fashions, travels, music, and countless small other ideas. But those are my core interests. I'll also incorporate some of the hardships I and everyone else endures in life. How to keep fighting, and how to Laugh, Learn, Love, and Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment